Applied Life Sciences placement courses provide students with the opportunity to explore career options and integrate academics with a community or professional experience. These courses will allow students to gain academic credit for experience in an academically related field.
The following courses satisfy Experiential Learning Requirements (Course List C) in the Life Sciences Programs.
Which Work-Integrated Learning Course Is Right For You?
View Guide to Applying for Independent Studies and Experiential Placement for the application process and tips to find a supervisor.
Questions? Contact the Experiential Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will complete a minimum of 60 or 120 hours of placement work through the duration of the experience. The position can be volunteer or paid, on campus or off campus. The student will complete an academic component in addition to the placement.
1. Review the methods of evaluation for your intended course:
2. Complete and submit documentation via the electronic application link below.
PLEASE NOTE: In the application linked above, you will be asked to complete and submit the following documents in full. Please ensure you have your supervisor signature on the completed application
- LIFESCI 3EP6/ 4EP6 Application (mandatory)
- Student Declaration of Understanding (mandatory, if placed at non-McMaster site)
- Letter to Placement Employers for Unpaid Placements (mandatory, if placed at non-McMaster site)
- Pre-Placement Orientation checklist (mandatory)
30 days prior to beginning of each term you wish to complete the course.